the doll-faced duo

the doll-faced duo
Laura and Sarah

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In the mood, to be nude

Top five fave nude lipsticks (of the moment):


1. MAC: Myth (cliché, I know)
Many people find this lipstick too pale and it gives them a zombie look.  However, if you are super pasty white like me, this is the lipstick for you!  Note: This formula (Satin) can be drying, I recommend wearing a balm underneath, a gloss over top, or both.


2. MAC: Peachstock - 
I would say this is Myth's darker skinned cousin.  Again, a Satin finish peachy-nude.  However, I feel like it is more "work-appropriate" and less "stripper-pole-appropriate".



3. MAC: Fleshpot – 
Similar to Myth, more pinky than peachy though.  I find for some reason, this tends to give me the stripper/zombie look if I don't wear a gloss to tone it down.


4. Revlon Color Burst Lipstick: Soft Nude - This is a surprisingly awesome lipstick.  It hydrates well, and has decent color payoff.  I would compare the consistency to that of a MAC Lustre formula.  The best part is the price!  I think I got a two pack at Target for around $6.  My one complaint is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it too.

5. MAC: Close To Real - Unfortunately, this was a limited edition shade that I got from CCO.  It is basically the same color as Fleshpot, but since it is a Lustre rather than Satin finish, it is more moisturizing and sheer (thereby avoiding dead face).


Shopping links:


No comments:

Post a Comment