the doll-faced duo

the doll-faced duo
Laura and Sarah

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Re-purposing...pots o' lip balm

First of all, there are about a billion (maybe even a trillion) uses for lip balm.  A few of my favorite uses are: cuticle balm, hand salve (especially in the winter), hair smoother, eyebrow tamer, and I also put it on flaky spots on my face to help them heal faster.  The list goes on and on.  I always carry a few of these tins in my bag.  I'm addicted.


Here are some of my personal faves:




Perfumeria Gal - Red Currant - Lip Balm Tin














Love & Toast - Prickly Pear Lip Balm





Rosebud Perfume Co. - Strawberry Lip Balm











Korres Lip Butter - Guava











When you are finished with the balm...


Pill case
Make your own travel sized body butter
Travel earring case
Mint carrier
Broken lipstick/eyeshadow/blush/pressed powder?  Put the remainder in the tin so none of it goes to waste!  Salve-age it!

xoxoxoxo ~ SS

1 comment: